14 May 2011

TEST DRIVE

"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels." ~ Heinz Stucke

Time to try out the new wheels! After several short affairs with rickety old second-hand bikes (my last one was so rusty the handlebars kept sliding from side to side) and many a weighty commute on ye olde Boris Bikes (that's the London rental bike scheme to you out-of-towners), I am OVERJOYED with this. I finally have a set of wheels which make cycling a delight. Seriously. You can see the delight on my face right here:

It's true that I'm not the most confident of cyclists; London roads scare the bejesus out of me, and even those Boris Bike commutes were a white-knuckled challenge to make it home alive. (I wish I were just being dramatic, but seriously, those roads are MEAN.)
Of course, it helps to have a decent vehicle, and compared to this little beauty, riding a Boris Bike is like driving a forklift. 
So, can these wheels get me all the way to Paris? You BETCHA. 
____________________________________________________________________
Note to crims: If you're a bike thief and you even think of looking in my direction, think again - I have tracking and if you tried to take my wheels I would hunt you down and STEAL YOUR SCALP.

No comments:

Post a Comment