13 May 2011

THE BICYCLE

"Get a bicycle.  You will not regret it... if you live."  ~Mark Twain

My bicycle has arrived! A brand new, virgin, outta-the-box bicycle. Not a second-hand, orphaned rust bucket with squeaky brakes, but a new bike, from a shop.  I was in love from the moment it arrived, even flatpacked and in pieces.

It had no instructions, I had no experience. Oh god, this was less IKEA and more MENSA. However, I decided if I couldn't work out how to construct a bicycle I probably shouldn't be allowed to ride the bloody thing to Paris. This in mind, I happened to build the entire bike in less than an hour. BY MYSELF!

So there you have it! I have successfully built a bicycle, which means I can now ride to France. And by doing so I've become familiar with all parts of le velo, and that is going to make my life easier should it ever decide to collapse in protest halfway across France. (Please don't please don't please don't please don't....)



No comments:

Post a Comment